Lab Usage Guidelines
The College of Education Technology Committee adopted the following policy concerning reserving the 202A lab. This is in response to a lot of concern being expressed over 202A not being available due to it being scheduled for entire classes. This policy initially went into effect beginning in the Fall of 2001. The policy was voted on September 24th, 2010 and reaffirmed and unmodified. This policy is now in effect for Combs 431 computer lab since adaptions were made and instruction module was installed.
Policy for reserving 431 computer lab
- 431 lab is intended to be an accessible lab for faculty to schedule on a short-term basis.
- The lab may be scheduled on a "space available" basis (up to 24 hours in advance).
- It is not to be opened and left for your students to use without you being there to supervise.
- To reserve the lab, please view the tech calendar first, and if it is not already scheduled, then submit the reservation form from the educational technology web page and we will place your reservation on the calendar for you.
Policy for reserving 202A and Wallace 329 computer labs
- Labs can only be reserved if you are holding class during the time period you reserve the space. Instructors must be present until all students leave the lab. If the lab use is after scheduled lab hours the Instructor is responsible for closing up the lab. The Technology Office will not manage your class for you.
- These are "open" labs and will be available to all students according to the current lab schedule.